Popsicle cocktails made with classic red, white and blue Bomb Pops are an easy and fun way to make delicious patriotic drinks in no time, perfect for the 4th of July!
Popsicle Cocktails & Mocktails
Since I’m currently pregnant, I’m rather sensitive to the fact that there are a lack of fun and festive alcohol free cocktail ideas out there. This recipe however can be made with or without the boozy stuff and would be perfect for pregnant ladies, kids, and the cocktail drinkers at your barbeque. To make these non-alcoholic simply substitute sparkling water for champagne.
Ingredients in a Popsicle Cocktail
- Something Sparkling – champagne, prosecco or even sparkling water like La Croix would all work for this recipe!
- Bomb Pops – you can make your own or buy classic Bomb Pops from the grocery store. Just make sure they are red, white and blue.
Just before serving, place popsicles in glasses and top with the sparkling beverage of choice. Serve right away!
How to Make Easy Tassle Stir Sticks
If you’re looking for the easiest last minute way to dress up cocktails for the 4th look no further. These tassel stir sticks are so easy to make and look adorable adorning a popsicle cocktail.
Here’s what you need:
- wooden skewers, available at the grocery store
- tassels, available at Michael’s Craft Store
- hot glue
1. Cut wooden skewers in half or to the length of your cocktail glasses.
2. Open up tassel and apply a small dab of hot glue to the inside center.
3. Insert skewer into the tassel.
4. Allow to dry before using.
Possible Variations for Popsicle Cocktails
- Popsicle Flavor– if you don’t want a red, white and blue cocktails you can chose any of your favorite flavors! The options are endless!
- Sparkling Beverage – if you are making a mocktail, try different flavors of sparkling water. Coconut, raspberry, there are so many to chose from!
- Add a splash of syrup – flavored syrups are always a great way to add flavor to champagne in addition to the popsicle. However the popsicle will melt down and add plenty of flavor all on it’s own.
More Patriotic Recipes:
If you are looking for more patriotic recipes to make for Memorial Day or the 4th of July, I have a few favorites to share.
- Raspberry Rose Margaritas
- Tornado Dogs
- The Ultimate Red, White and Blue Cheese Board
- Patriotic Caprese Salad
- Mixed Berry Wine Slushies
- 4th of July Dessert Hacks
- Bomb Pops or Firecracker Pops
- Champagne or Prosecco
- Place popsicle in a cocktail glass.
- Top with champagne.
- Serve immediately.
Make this a mocktail for fun drink for kids by using sparkling water instead of champagne!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 552Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 0gSugar: 76gProtein: 0g