No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream only needs four ingredients and will help you beat the heat, no ice cream machine needed!
No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
To be quite honest, I have always been hesitant to make no-churn ice cream. Mostly because I prefer a super thick chewy ice cream which usually comes from a custard/egg yolk ice cream base. But ice cream recipes like that require cooking and it's too hot for all of that! This recipe however is plenty creamy and rich thanks to the sweetened condensed milk and really satisfies the ice cream cravings, fast.
Ingredients in No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
- heavy whipping cream - it's gotta be the heavy stuff!
- vanilla extract - good, real vanilla extract to give that rich ice cream flavor.
- sweetened condensed milk - this takes the place of any egg yolks to give a richness and also sweetness to your ice cream!
- strawberries- you can use either fresh or frozen strawberries however fresh definitely impart more flavor. I used frozen in these pictures but fresh is best.
How to Make No-Churn Ice Cream
The process of making no churn ice cream really couldn't be easier! Here's how to make it:
- Whip. In an electric mixer or in a bowl using a hand mixer, beat cream and vanilla until you have firm peaks...aka whipped cream.
- Mix. Mix in the condensed milk and a whole bunch of chopped strawberries.
- Freeze. Pour the entire mixture into a loaf pan, cover with plastic wrap and freeze!
- Enjoy. Once the ice cream is solid, scoop and serve.
At this point in the ice cream making processes, it's all about willpower. The power to try your hardest not to just eat all of this goodness right out of the bowl. It's absolutely delicious in this melted-unfrozen-state. Gosh, I love ice cream. But be patient, in the morning you will have homemade strawberry ice cream that's well worth the wait!
Flavor Variations for No-Churn Ice Cream
The twins and I absolutely LOVE making this ice cream and I love that it's so completely customizeable! From different extracts to fruits and mix-ins, the flavor combinations are endless. No-Churn Mint Chip Ice Cream anyone?
- Extracts - I use vanilla extract in this recipe but you can switch up the flavors big time by using other extracts. Almond, peppermint, lemon, even rum extract! There are so many to chose from.
- Fresh Fruit - switch out the fresh strawberries for any fruit that's in season. Soft fruit will work best as you want it chopped up, almost mashed. Peaches, other fresh berries or even ripe mango would all work!
- Mix-ins - chocolate chunks, nuts, sprinkles, even chopped up cookies will work! I made a No-Churn Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream that was pretty darn addictive.
Tips for No-Churn Ice Cream
This type of ice cream is incredibly easy to make but I do have a few tips for you!
- Freeze your loaf pan ahead of time so that it's nice and cold when you pour in the ice cream batter.
- Have all of your ingredients out and ready, fruit chopped, etc. before you begin.
- Once you pour your ice cream base into the loaf pan, flatten it out with a spatula and cover with plastic wrap so that the plastic actually touches the surface of the ice cream.
- Freeze overnight! I know it's hard to wait but it really needs to firm up completely before scooping.
- Scooping. Remember that there are no stabilizers (yuck) in this ice cream so it will melt fast. Scoop while it's "too hard" and serve right away!
More Ice Cream Recipes to Try:
- No-Churn Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream
- No-Churn Real Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Earl Grey Ice Cream
- Lemon Cake Ice Cream
- Burnt Sugar Ice Cream Sandwiches
More Delicious Strawberry Recipes
When strawberries are in season you can never have enough delicious recipes to make with them! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- Strawberry Shortcakes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Hand Pies
- Roasted Strawberry Yogurt Parfaits
- Strawberry Toasted Almond Semifredo
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Muffins
- Strawberry Rhubarb Margaritas
Ok, who's ready to make some ice cream? This recipe is the ultimate summer staple. I hope that your family loves it as much as mine does! If you do make my recipe, please make sure to leave a comment in the box below and share it on social so that I can see your frozen creations #freutcake @freutcake.
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 heaping cups of fresh or frozen strawberries
- Chop strawberries until they are small diced. If you are using frozen strawberries, pulse in a food processor until they are roughly chopped; set aside.
- In a mixer, whip heavy whipping cream and vanilla until you have firm peaks.
- Mix in sweetened condensed milk and chopped strawberries.
- Pour mixture into a loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap making sure that the plastic touches the surface of the ice cream. Freeze overnight until firm before scooping.
Flavor Variations for No-Churn Ice Cream
- Extracts – I use vanilla extract in this recipe but you can switch up the flavors big time by using other extracts. Almond, peppermint, lemon, even rum extract! There are so many to chose from.
- Fresh Fruit – switch out the fresh strawberries for any fruit that’s in season. Soft fruit will work best as you want it chopped up, almost mashed. Peaches, other fresh berries or even ripe mango would all work!
- Mix-ins – chocolate chunks, nuts, sprinkles, even chopped up cookies will work! I made a No-Churn Circus Animal Cookie Ice Cream that was pretty darn addictive.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g