This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Vons. All opinions are 100% mine.
Halloween night spent at home is looking better and better when there is a Taco Bar on the menu! Pulling out all the stops for a self serve taco spread with plenty of finger foods and sweet treats is easy with a little help from Vons.
Halloween Taco Bar
Halloween is one of my favorite nights of the year and I always go all-out with the food, from spooky snack boards like my Jack-O-Lantern and Bat Board, to festive drinks and fun desserts. This year we are staying home so I figure it’s the perfect time to create a make your own taco bar!
How to Set up A Taco Bar
Anytime we have a taco night, I shop the Vons Fresh Cut section. I grab their Made In-Store Guacamole and Salsa as well as a bag of their freshly made chips. I pick up containers of sliced jalapeño, pico de gallo, sliced radishes, and pickled veggies all from the produce section as well because all of the prep work is done for me.
Ingredients for a Self Serve Taco Bar
- Tortillas or taco shells – I like to offer both!
- Meat – either seasoned ground beef, shredded beef, shredded chicken, or even a store bought rotisserie chicken chopped up.
- Shredded Red Cabbage – grab a bag of pre-shredded from the produce section where the salads are kept.
- Guacamole – I like to make my own but the option of made in-store guacamole is great on a holiday like Halloween when you don’t want a top of prep work.
- Salsa – Vons offers delicious made-in-store salsa.
- Chips – these are a must have when guacamole and salsa are on the menu!
- Radishes – I buy mine pre-sliced in the produce department.
- Cilantro – a classic street taco topping.
- Cotija Cheese – this is my favorite crumbly Mexican cheese for tacos!
- Plenty of limes
Set out a large platter with all of the taco fixings and smaller bowls with the topping, salsa, guacamole, etc. This way family can make their own tacos however they like and help themselves!
I always bake my crispy taco shells first and quickly heat tortillas over a burner flame before serving. They are so much more flavorful and easy to fill this way!
To make the guacamole extra creepy, I added candied eyeballs which can be found in the baking section of Vons. The twin’s will eat pretty much anything if I stick candy eyeballs on top!
Halloween Antipasto Platter
Another easy idea is to order an Antipasto Platter from Vons! I went online and was able to place my order with my local Vons store, and pick it up same day. Their made in-store deli trays are such an easy way to have appetizers ready to go for Halloween night. Naturally I added a few creepy touches like candy eyeballs and a skeleton hand sneaking the charcuterie. I can’t help myself.
Drinks to Serve on Halloween Night
Any good Halloween taco bar needs drinks to go along with it, and I’ve got quite a few recipes for you to try:
- Chili Pomegranate Margaritas (pictured here)
- Pumpkin Spice Margaritas
- Coconut White Russians
- Monster Mash Margaritas
Don’t Forget the Sweets!
Halloween night would not be complete without candy and dessert. The twins helped me pick out a few bags of Halloween Candy from Vons as well as freshly-baked Halloween cookies from the bakery department. I love that our local Vons has these sugar cookie kits that come with frosting and sprinkles.
I shopped at Vons in my local area, but you can also find quality grab ‘n go deli, produce, candy and bakery offerings perfect for Halloween at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, and Tom Thumb. Vons also offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop! I hope you and your family have a sweet and delicious Halloween!