If I’m going to be completely honest, I almost didn’t post this recipe. Coconut Blood Orange Margaritas are delicious. Creamy and frothy from the coconut cream, tangy from the lime, and surprisingly pink from the squeeze of blood orange juice…but maybe too pink?
But post it I am, because it’s just too delicious not to share. As a friend of mine put it, these would be the perfect cocktail for a bridal shower, baby shower, or anytime you need a pink cocktail, ha! Garnish it with a slice of blood orange and a slice of lime and you’ve got one pretty, pretty drink.
Recently my friend Celeste and her two kids came over for lunch and a play date. On the menu, chicken quesadillas for the kids, chicken tacos for us, plenty of guacamole for everyone and coconut margaritas just for the Moms. Sadly, I ran out of coconut cream so I winged it with canned coconut milk. It wasn’t the same but let’s just say it hit the spot after an afternoon of four (under five) running amok. So, now I own my girlfriend a round of the real deal…coconut margaritas made the right way, with coconut cream, lime and even a slash of blood orange juice. Pink creamy cocktails anyone?
- 2 oz silver tequila
- 2 oz blood orange juice
- 1.5 oz creme de coco
- 1 oz lime juice, or more to taste
- blood orange slices, for garnish
- lime slices, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice combine tequila, blood orange juice, creme de coco and lime juice.
- Shake until well combined and chilled.
- Pour into a tumbler filled with ice and garnish with blood orange and lime slices.
- Note: This is a sweet margarita, increase lime juice to 2 oz if you like more tang.