When it comes to spicy margaritas, I say the spicier the better which is why today’s cocktail gets a hit from jalapeño and chili! And since it’s summertime and that grill of your is most likely already heated up, we’re charring up jalapeños for today’s margarita. Spicy Mango Jalapeño Margaritas are just the right amount of sweet, smokey, spicy and salty…
Not grilling this weekend, no problem! Char your jalapeños right over the gas stove. You’ll still get that same great flavor.
Because I’m all about that edible garnish, I added a mini skewer with fresh mango sprinkled in Tajin for snacking. Of course, you might also want to serve a bowl of mango and chili on the side as well, it’s so darn good.
On my last trip to Mexico, I’m pretty sure I drank my weight in Tamarindo Margaritas. They served them with a salted chili rim which was absolutely the best part of the drink. Here at home you can buy Tajin which is a chili, lime and salt seasoning in most grocery stores. Rim your cocktail glasses with lime or mango juice and then dip generously in the seasoning.
This is guaranteed to be one of your new favorite summer margaritas. Now, all that’s missing is the weekend! Who’s grilling? I’ll bring the margaritas.
- 2 oz Blanco Tequila
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1-2 oz Fresh Lime Juice (the juice of one lime)
- 4 oz fresh mango juice
- fresh mango, diced large
- 2 small jalapeños
- limes for garnish
- Char jalapeños on the grill or over a flame until blackened. Reserve one for garnish and slice the second removing the stem.
- Rim a cocktail glass with lime and dip in Tajin seasoning, set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice add a few slices of charred jalapeño and a few chunks of fresh mango. Muddle well.
- Add in tequila, lime juice, mango juice and shake until well chilled.
- Pour into prepared cocktail glass filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a skewer of mango sprinkled with Tajin, your second charred jalapeño and a wheel of lime.