Happy Friday! For a moment I considered naming this cocktail the “champagne & antlers” but felt that a Peppermint White Christmas made more sense. (Humor me as I explain) My friend Amy recently threw a ladies Christmas party that consisted of two things: champagne and reindeer antlers. (take a look) Yes, we were all asked to come dressed in our sparkly-sequined-best and were each greeted with a pair of the most adorable antlers made by Christina of 310 Style, to wear during the party.
It really was a genius idea, a group of girls all sipping champagne cocktails, wearing the silliest head-gear ever and embracing the Christmas spirit! But what Champagne & Antler party would be complete without a signature bubbly cocktail? Amy served crushed candy cane rimmed glasses of Champagne with white chocolate and peppermint stir sticks. It was so darn good that I went home to recreate the cocktail (and add my own little twist) for my holiday celebrations.
Just a splash of White Creme de Cocoa, chilled champagne, and of course a candy cane for garnish…it’s a Peppermint White Christmas you will want to sip again and again. Cheers to a very merry Christmas!
photos by Leah Bergman
Peppermint White Christmas Champagne Cocktail
1 bottle chilled Champagne
White Creme de Cocoa
1. In a ziplock bag, crush 1 whole candy cane with a rolling-pin or something sturdy until you are left with a semi fine powder.
2. Dip the rims of your champagne flutes in a small dish of White Creme de Cocoa and then in the crushed candy cane.
3. Fill champagne glasses 1/3 full with White Creme de Cocoa and then the rest of the way with chilled Champagne.
4. Garnish with a whole candy cane. (this adds color and flavor to the cocktail!)
5. Sip & enjoy. *Reindeer antlers strongly suggested.